This spam fried rice recipe was inspired by Susan’s original creation, but with a bit more added – for no other reason than I just happened to have more in my fridge.
Here we go:
- 1 canister SPAM (you know it’s good sign when you measure your meat ingredients by ‘canisters’)
- 1/2 cup kimchi, chopped
- 1/3 cup frozen corn
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 2-3 cups day-old fried rice
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 2 eggs
- Cooking oil
- Do all your chopping! Dice SPAM into jelly-bean-sized pieces, chop the kimchi and jalapeño.
- In a large wok or pan, fry up the SPAM in a bit of oil until lightly browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Beat eggs and scramble (you can use oil from SPAM grilling). Remove and set aside.
- Toss kimchi, corn, peas, and chopped jalapeños into the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add in SPAM and egg.
- Add in day-old rice and break it up as you go along. Taste and make sure flavor is to your liking – with the kimchi and the SPAM, you shouldn’t need any salt.