There are many names for this classic Chinese dish – Zha Jiang Mian, Chinese Fried Sauce noodles, Spicy Pork noodles, 炸醬麵, etc. Growing up in the Jeng family, however, this dish was most commonly known as Chinese Spaghetti.
Noodles and meat sauce? What’s not to love?!
- Chinese-style noodles, thin like a spaghetti (not thick like I made here – my bad)
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 tbs minced green onions
- 1 package soy bean curd, chopped up into tiny squares
- 4 tbsp black bean sauce (can also use hoisin sauce in a pinch or for a bit more sweetness)
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Julienned cucumber (to taste)
- Prepare noodles according to instructions (aka boil it)
- Heat up sesame oil in a pan or wok, add the green onions and cook for one minute
- Add ground pork and cook until browned
- Add chopped tofu/soybean curd and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes
- Add black bean/hoisin sauce, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Cook on high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve sauce over hot noodles, garnish with sliced cucumber to taste. Enjoy!