I’ve shown you how to make/fold wontons and how to cook them in a soup. Now it’s time to show you how to prepare them my favorite way. This type of wonton is served ‘dry’ (aka not in a soup) with a sesame paste concoction. The direct Chinese translation of what our family calls this? Saucy sauce wontons. So let’s go with that.
Again, this recipe is crazy easy – you just need some of the right ingredients:
- One serving of previously created, frozen wontons (~10)
- ¼ tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet sesame paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot chili oil (or chili paste) to taste
- Boil the wontons in water for ~7-10 minutes
- While wontons are cooking, assemble all the sauces in your bowl.
- When wontons are done, strain them, them drop the hot wontons directly into the bowl. The heat and the remnant juices/water should loosen up the sesame paste enough to stir.