This is another of mom’s ‘whip it together’ classics, made from ingredients normally found in the fridge. I should say, normally found in her fridge which, in all fairness, is more well-stocked than most. It’s called Pot Sticker Tofu because you get that crispy edge from pan-frying like you do with a pot sticker dumpling. But unlike real pot stickers, this dish is veggie-friendly and super super quick and easy to make.
- 1 pkg firm tofu
- Salt & pepper
- 1 egg
- Flour, enough to coat
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- Slice tofu into squares, about 1 cm thick
- Marinate in salt and pepper for 15 minutes
- Drench tofu in egg, then flour and pan fry in oil for a few minutes on each side until golden brown
- Remove pan-fried tofu and set aside.
- Mix soy sauce, sugar and sesame oil in the hot pan/wok, toss tofu in sauce quickly to coat.
- Garnish with green onions if desired